Saturday, December 22, 2007

11.5.2007...Not to mention the pretty foreground

Hello everyone, just a quick blast from Tucson. Nothing much new. Monica and I went for a hike in Catalina State Park on Sunday afternoon and we thought we'd show you some scenery from there.

Here's me (well duh!). The park is in on the west side of the Santa Catalina Mountains and if you look over my left shoulder and pick out the mountain peak at about 1 o'clock, we live on the opposite side of that ridge (Pusch Ridge.). It's about a 20 minute ride from home.



Ah, if you only knew the mad dash I had to make to get in this picture, with my camera bag banging against my back and Monica and I trying to refrain from giggling too much. And this was the second take!



These aren't the tallest peaks in the Catalinas, but they sure are pretty (not to mention the pretty foreground as well.)



Finally, Monica pointed this vista out to me (I was too busy looking down to avoid stepping on anything nasty-not that I ever did see anything like that, mind you.). All I needed to do was step about ten feet forward from the trail and the saguaros obliged by nicely framing the Catalinas.

No comments: